ANDRÉ BURGER CRICKET
CHOOSE André Burger
André Burger Cricket clinics is about identifying, understanding and exploring individual strengths and weaknesses.
The coaching staff will take a very individual approach helping each player understand their game and identifying their strengths, weaknesses and areas for further development. Players will have the freedom to challenge their current skill set whilst getting constant assistance and reassurance from the coaching staff. This approach enhances player learning and responsibility.
HOW WILL THEY LEARN
- FACE TO FACE: Here we introduce the core topics of the program.
- VIDEOS: These provide visual reinforcement of the face-to-face sessions..
- ACTIVITIES: By applying the core content in practical ways learning is reinforced.
- REPETITION: Each activity will allow players to execute enough reps.
- FEEDBACK: Players will learn to adjust through a process of instant feedback and coach feedback. We are introducing a feedback sheet indicating strengths and weaknesses and areas that need improvement.
- COMPETITION: Players skill will be tested through competition at the end of the clinic.
WHAT WILL THE PROGRAM INCLUDE AND WHAT WILL THEY LEARN
INDIVIDUALS WILL LEARN
- Improved training techniques.
- Identify own and opposition strengths and weaknesses
- An ability to express themselves clearly, even when going through trying times.
- To take ownership and responsibility for their thoughts and actions
The program is aimed at developing DRIVERS not PASSENGERS.
HOW TO DEAL WITH CHALLENGERS
- FIND A BETTER WAY
TOURS & MATCHES
At the end of each clinic players will get picked to represent André Burger Cricket on tours around the area, country or Internationally.
The purpose of the tours and matches.
- To test retention of information and repetition
- Test skills under pressure
- Players will be selected at each of the clinics throughout the year
- A selection criteria will be in place for each level.
- 12 Players will be selected for all single matches
- 14 Players will be selected for Tours
- We will consider selecting more than one team if required
BENEFITS & OUTCOMES
This program will help individuals cope and minimise stress and the skills learned will assist with their performance on and off the field.
We want individuals to own their thoughts and actions, to be able to lead when they are under pressure or in an uncontrolled environment.
There’s a difference between interested and committed.”
Andre Burger Cricket is about high quality and high standards that we transfer to your child during coaching.
There is no better time to develop these skills than during the school holidays, and we offer Holiday Cricket Clinics every holiday throughout 2019.
The September holidays offers the perfect time to get ready for the season ahead, while during the December/January holidays we maintain all those skills developed over the first part of the season.
These clinics offer hours of fun while developing all aspects of your game. New to the clinics is specialist batting and bowling as well as running technique. A Vital aspect of the game.
Clinics are run at Anglican Church Grammar School (Churchie), Bulimba Cricket club (April only) and Redlands Sharks (Victoria Point) for boys and girls, aged 5 to 14, and we use highly experienced coaches for our young players, as we believe they should be receiving the very best advice at this young age.
Our clinic’s feature…
- 3-day all-around skills
- Great coaching ratios
- Qualified coaches
- Video analysis available
- Structured program
- Prizes and handouts
- Boys and girls
A typical week…
- Monday – Batting Clinic
- Tuesday – Bowling / Wicket keeping Clinic
- Wednesday to Friday – Full Clinic