What: Focus on the Initial Movement
- Late movement
- Positive movement
- Leading with head and shoulders
- Side on and the upper body remains tall, a common mistake is players hinge at the hips.
- KIS (Keep It Simple) – Move when you need to and only as much as you have to
- Chin up – Track with eyes
- Let the bat hit the ball – extend arms (depending on age – a full swing of bat)
- Strong wrist
- Bottom hand palm off bat still gripping with thumb, index and third finger.
- Shorter stride
- Clear front leg