Set up – Grip, Stance and Back lift
Grip: Neutral Grip
· Allow playing 360 degrees
· Allow playing with minimum hand adjustments
· Top hand “V” and bottom hand “V” form a straight line down back of the handle.
· Ensure the palm is off the handle when playing with a vertical bat.
· Palm is touching the handle when playing with a horizontal bat.
· To allow for efficient and positive movements to the line of the ball
· Foot movement is crucial in playing 360 degrees
· Feet Shoulder width apart – weight evenly distributed
· Heel and toes in a straight line facing point
· Knees slightly bent
· Hips and shoulders facing the bowler
· Back straight and eyes level over the toes
· Allow bat to come down a straight line and shortest path to the ball
· Toe of bat pointing between the off stump and 1st Slip
· Tuck top hand in against waist